HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - iDEAS ABOUT SCENT FREE
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 06:00 AM
Alex G.
Fork Horn

Wow, great thread and great info, but I believe that scent control/free falls under the same classification as camo choice and that it is totally up to the hunter and not critical to success in the field. 32 years go when my uncles were teaching me the way of the woods... we didn't have "camo", we had natural colored clothing. We didn't have "scent free" but we did have scent control. Scent control equalled hanging up our outer garments on the screen porch in the evening and then in the morning hanging them next to the fireplace to get the hint of wood smoke in them. We didnt have scent free soap... heck we didnt even have a shower that we could use for the week we were there, And I can't tell you with honest truth how many deer were shot from our stands in NE Pennsy while we had a cigarette hanging from our mouth, but it was quite a few. I guess my point is that I don't judge anyone for taking extreme measures to do what they think is a edge over game during a hunt. But I believe more emphasis should be on playing the wind and knowing daily movement routes.

Cheers........