HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Spider bull
Thread: Spider bull
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 09:52 PM
rather_be_huntin
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Hurricanespg
The Spider bull was taken legally. If you guys have a problem with it take it up with whoever decided to sell the tag.
I don't care if he paid a whole town to "sit" on the bull till he got there. If thats what he wants to spend his money on why should you or I care?
Bottom line is the guy spent a whole lot of money to be able to legally kill an extremely large bull elk that everyone else had a chance to kill. He was successful in his endeavor.
Nobody is asking for a prosecution....this isn't a legal argument. In fact I personally do not want to see any laws changed based on what happened with ole Spidey.

This is a personal ethics argument and like many others I just hang my head when I think of the circumstances around this bull. I can't help but wish the bull could have been taken by more noble means. Wonderful bull, disgusting cirumstances. I paid homage to the bull when the he came into town and was on display for a few days but I will not spend one red cent in DVD's or any product with "spider bull" as part of an advertisement or merketing materials.