HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Situation in WI
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 09:22 AM
bullseye_62
Spike

Default Hunting Situation in WI

While at my local archery club we like to discuss many topics and one that is continuously coming up if the situation with the DNR and all the CWD stuff that is going. Many of the club members feel that the DNR is simply trying to completly wipe out the deer heard instead of managing it since the number of deer taken keeps decreasing but they keep on throwing tags and seasons at us. Many people feel that the DNR is not listening to the little people and that they are under the influences of higher auhorities. The general consensus is to just put the season back to normal and let it be. The discusions can get pretty heated and one suggestion that has been brought up is to not buy a license for next year in order to try to get the DNR to listen to the little guy. I got to admit that this approach seems kind of radical but if we got enough people to do it then maybe somebody might listen to us. I love to hunt but some of the stuff that is going on just doen't make any sense. I pay $165 for a conservation patron license and I know I'm not the only one, so if we could decrease the hunting population by even half
then that would be a huge $$ amount and that would get some people to turn some heads.

Anyone else been hearing these kind of conversations and if so what is your opinion?