HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Would you buy without shooting first?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 09:44 AM
kickin_buck
Nontypical Buck

Default Would you buy without shooting first?

I don't want anyone to think this is a brand or fanboy bashing post, so I will not post brand names.

The shop I shoot for had a booth at the St. Louis Deer Classic this past weekend and I helped with the show.

We sold EVERY "bow x" we had in inventory and were having to beat people off of it. Now this bow is not the same brand I shoot, but I have shot it and I really like the way it shoots. However, I was surprised stupid with the number of people that were dropping $940 on this bow and had never shot one to see if THEY like the way it shoots. In fact, one guy that bought was told me that his deciding factor was the reviews it was receiving on AT.

So with that being said, would you buy a bow based on nothing more than specs, reviews, and marketing?

I have done this one time in my life and hated everything about the bow once I got it in my hands. After that, I have always shot a bow, multiple times, and normally side-by-side other bows to see if it is really is "THE" bow for me.