HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NRA weighs in on AR
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 02:22 PM
BTBowhunter
Giant Nontypical

Quote:
The guy even unwittingly admits he's pretty darned self centered when he describes a buck that got by him before he could count points and his "heart sank" when he heard the shot from his elderly fathers stand?!?!?!?

Just another selfish hunters rant!
You accuse the author of being self centered and selfish by intentionally miss stating what the author said. His heart didn't sink because his father shot the buck, he said it sank because he had second guessed himself. Here is a direct quote from the article in it's propercontext.

Quote:
I heard him shoot and my heart sank. NOT BECAUSE he had killed the deer ,but because I had second guessed myself.
Talk about taking something out of context to make a point.
Sorry, his lame disclaimer doesn't cover up what he really said. You want to talk about context? Okay, he had prviously stated that he couldnt see brow tines so he didnt "second guess" himself. He simply didnt get a good enough look.

An unselfish hunters heart wouldnt have sank upon hearing dad shoot. He would have merely been happy for Dad that he was able to see that fourth point.

The "heart sank" line says it all. The fact that he cleaned it up to sound better didnt cover up his true immediate reaction to Dad shooting a deer that he clearly considered "his"