HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Found Neighbors Stand On Property Line
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 06:12 AM
uncle matt
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by PY Antlers
Is it really a matter of distance? Or simply ethic's? I would think if a person really found it necasary to sit on the property line, the ethical thing to do would at least face there own property
Who is there to say that whoever is using this stand (if anyone is at all) isn't facing their own property? I set up stands so that I stand facing the tree and I am sure other people do too.

Let's face it this whole issue is silly.

Whoever owns the property can basically do whatever they want to with it as long as they aren't breaking any laws. If the guy wants to set up a makeshift shooting range he has every right to do that. If he wants to run 4wheelers, dirt bikes or a mud bog he has every right to do so. And if he wants to do any of that he doesn't have to stop when season starts. It is not his responsibility or obligation to aid, assist or benefit someone else's hunting. As long as he doesn't violate any hunter interference laws he can do what he wants.

My neighbor has stands close to the property line - and so do I.

I can't begin to describe how embarrassed and downright foolish I would feel approaching him and asking him to move them or not hunt them.