HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 35 whelen...
Thread: 35 whelen...
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 07:51 AM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

55gr of R15 was 3 shots at 100 and about a 2" group...and i felt it was a fair group..not shooter error...

this is a 9 shot group with 57.5gr of R15...5-15mph wind..25 degrees and couldnt feel my trigger finger...and am not used to shooting the 9x scope...been shooting the 18x on the groundhog rifle...so i am certain that it'll shrink...thats 9 shots there...4 in that same string..2 in the same hole below the string...the bull is a shade smaller than a quarter...

the 4 shot hole was shot consecutively...

not bragging yet...but, conditions were about as bad as they get for shooting pretty lil groups...and the rifle was brand new in the box...that 9 shot group was shots 10-19 through the rifle...id say potential is there for sure...

im going to start at 57gr and work my way up in half grain increments and shoot groups and see what she likes...and play with seating depth a bit...both the loads i shot yesterday were maxed out in OAL for my rifle..any longer and you cant load the mag and live rounds wont eject..im going to seat them a bit deeper next time...