HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 35 whelen...
Thread: 35 whelen...
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 08:44 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys...

im actually content with the accubond...anything that leaves a big hole in deer aint for me when i got an 800lb bear of a lifetime in my crosshairs and a hunter 100yds down the ridge...thats why i chose the accubond...expands quick but once its expanded, its done and coming out pretty much whole...from everything ive read it sounds like it does just that...

bear hunting in PA you never know if its gunna be a 30lb cub or 800lb boar...and theres a tonnnn of guys around...i need a bullet that will get the job done...but want something that expands and still does some damage as well...

i could care less if the accubonds sizzle right through a deer...its gunna die just as quick as any...

actually went to the range today...shot 10 over 55gr of R15...and 9 over 57.5gr of R15...

rem brass, 210m primer...

57.5 kinda impressed me...55 was hardly a group and it wasnt shooter error...

im in love with the gun (rem 7600) and caliber already...i think its gunna be a great PA rifle...now i got the bore worked a little i'll start working on finding a load she likes...wanna do it while its still fairly cold as come nov/dec when i'll be hunting, it'll likely be 20-50 degrees...likely 30-40 though...so i dont wanna work a load up in july...

going to start at 57gr and work my way up in half grain increments and see what she likes..then maybe play with seating depth a little bit...today i was shooting about maxed out OAL for my rifle...any longer and they wouldnt fit in the mag (talking hairs longer) and wouldnt eject live rounds either...