HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunt the Roost
Thread: Hunt the Roost
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 07:42 PM
X Legion General
Fork Horn

You are hunting the king of the woods. Anything making noise he doesnt like he covers it up with his own gobble. He shows off to anything that will take notice and those that wont he makes sure they hear him. He is the man, he can handle 15 women all clucking for his attention, after he satisfies those he will be out looking for more. At first gobble he makes our heart pick up a bit, a closer gobble our heart is at a small thump, at first sight slight thunder, at 30 yards our heart is out of our chest beating loud enough, we wonder if he can hear it.
Yes I have a love affair with this creature and I wont apologize for it. The bird I know and respect deserves to play the game, he deserves better than to be shot from his roost, his place of rest, his escape from the game. It is the game that you miss out on shooting from the roost. You didn’t play, the game hadn’t even started, you knocked out the champ before the bell had even rung. In my book you should be expelled from the sport. You have missed the point, and I don’t think you will ever get it. But I will tell you that if you ever do come over from the dark side and the light ever does come on for you, you will be part one incredible club.