HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - case of Pa WCO harassment?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 04:10 AM
Screamin Steel
Typical Buck

Great. Not only do we have the standard crazies out there posing as cops, which is a felony to impersonate a police officer, but now we have folks impersonating WCO's and deputies! I actually had something kind of similar a few years ago hunting pheasnats on a co-op farm. A guy canme up and started harrassing me wanting to know if I had permission (which i did), then he wanted to see my license. i asked to see his badge and he about had a conniption. Turns out he was just a local guy that helped coordinate stockings with the landowner. Had no more legal authority than Al Sharpton. I threatened to report him to the WCO, because he clearly was trying to represent himself as someone with authority. I knew the landwoner and did menion the incident to him, which he apologized for. Turns out the moron was just upset because he had to share hunting for all those stocked birds that he was hoping to have all to his own private little party of hunters and dogs. he never actually calimed to be a WCO or a deputy, but as far as I know, no one else has authority to be checking licenses, ect., and the landowner hadn't authorized him to patrol his property or anything of the like.