HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - pearson mach one
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 11:29 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

First off, you'll need to get your form established a bit. Getting arrows that are in the ball-park will be fine for now, because as you change your needs in arrow spine will change. I'd get a finished arrow that weighs at least 400 grains, to be safe for your bow. Heavier is fine.

Any arrow will work--carbon, aluminum, or wood. Feather fletchings. 4" or 5" 3-fletch should be fine.

Get the DVD "Masters of the Barebow, Volume III" for shooting instruction. There's a few books and videos I'd avoid--if you want my opinion on those, send me a pm.

Lots of good bow stringers on the market. I like Selway. Have someone close the first few times you use in, just in case. You will understand what I mean when you do it--you may very well need an extra hand until you get the feel for it.

The Safari Tuff "Arrowmaster" is the best quiver I've ever used, but until you start hunting/using broadheads you can get by for cheap, or just use your back pocket.

Store it lying flat (like under the bed), or hanging from pegs. I let mine rest on two pegs, positioned at each end of the riser (handle). NEVER leave it propped on end for any amount of time, or leave it in a hot car or garage.

Good luck!

Chad