HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Running deer with dogs
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 07:00 PM
DocD
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
"I hunt em'? Thought I would get a better answer than that, maybe hide behind a tree, jump on their back and wring their necks........one on one, no bow-no gun.......
I have always felt that the "hunt" was just as important (or more so) as the kill, a good hunter, is one who hones their skills, learns how to read the signs, find bedding areas, food areas, predict deer behavior. (or at least try to) find trails and find out when they are used, To Me
that is hunting. If all I had to do was put out some bait and wait and shoot I don't think I could do it. but when you get a deer by hunting it, be it a doe or buck, you know you got it because you hunted it. I don't care how anyone shoots their deer, I don't care if they "shine" them. if it is legal do it, but I wouldn't be real proud of a deer I shot over a bait. I have been hunting for many decades and have taken some nice animals, and have mounted a few, and each head tells me a story, that is why I have a few doe on the wall. we all have opinions, I just expressed mine. If you don't agree, that is OK, I'll still take ya hunting Doc