HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunt the Roost
Thread: Hunt the Roost
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 06:31 PM
RockyMtnGobblers
Typical Buck

Turkey hunting can involve luck and in some states shooting a gobbler out of a tree is Legal, but where is the skill in sneaking up on a turkey in the dark and shooting it out of a tree at first light? The easiest thing about turkey hunting is sneaking up on em in the dark ( in my opinion and experience).
I had a hunt where I watched a nice gobbler strut and gobble on the roost for 1 hr or so he would not fly down to me but I called in another gobbler, the roosted gobbler flew down and they began to fight.
they went out of sight necks wrapped together still fighting. No I didn't get a gobbler that morning but I got a nice one on his way to roost that evening, he came right to me. I wouldn't give that experience up and I got some great video.
So I ask all hunters that would shoot a turkey out of a tree Legaly....Why would you not give the turkey a sporting chance? Why would you miss out at a chance of an even better experience for your self?

Last edited by RockyMtnGobblers; 02-13-2010 at 01:27 PM. Reason: sentence structure