HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hornady 250 FTX
Thread: Hornady 250 FTX
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 03:04 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

oldsmellhound

Well see that is the point... The FTX is a pointy bullet and is meant for long range hunting. I was shooting 110 grains of T7 and the velocity was running in the 1900 FPS area.

I am really not trying to change anyone's minds that is totally up to you. What I am stating is that I have never found a Hornady that will stay together in difficult situations.

Here is an experiment that I have fired in the past using Hornady's and Speers. These Speers were shot into the same medium and held to gether just fine.

I repeated the activity shooting Hornady XTP's...

Notice I also say some but not all Hornady's stripped. Enough did strip and have stripped for me that I have not real faith in the bullets. I really thought the FTX might be different as they were designed to fly faster and harder... Not the case

Me & my hunting buddies have always had very good results with XTP's of various sizes and weights as long as the velocities weren't in the "magnum" range.
I think a majority of Hornady users would agree with your and your findings - it just that I consistenly find the opposite on occasion.