HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ladder stands made from EMT
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 12:22 PM
seastrike
Spike

The resaon that i want these stands is because they are so easy to move. I borrowed one this year from a guy i hunt with, and Numerous times i would on the spur of the moment i move it by myself. Unstrap it, drag it through the woods to a new spot, throw it against a tree and you are go to go. Or you hang it on the back of a 4-wheeler and move it miles down the road. I even killed a deer, 30 minutes after dragging one a 1/4 mile to a new spot at 3:30 in the afternoon. You cant do that with the 15 foot stands from gander or bass pro. The second reason is that i believe they will last forever. The stand i used this year was built in the 80's and is good as new today. There is value for me in being able to easily move my stands around, maybee thats just me. I priced the parts today and i am looking at about 28.00 per stand plus welding labor.

I wish i could figure out how to post the plans for yall to see,,they are different than the ones already posted. Any ideas, the plans are in word file that is over the allowed size limit