HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - stop complainin...start hunting
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 04:36 AM
BTBowhunter
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by fellas2
All in all, it makes for a better quality hunt for those that choose to take advantage of it no matter what weapon they use.

Once again,just your opinion.The "quality of ones hunt " is at best left up to the individual hunter to decide,not what you,I,or some one else .Just because you or I prefer the "hunting" today does not make it better than years ago.It is just an opinion and we all know about those.Not defending them,but "stump hunters" pay the same for a license as you or I and are entitled the voice their opinions for or against the current deer management programs.

Absolutely correct, Rodger. My opinion. If we get right down to it, Opinions make up 95+% of the content of this entire forum.

As for the one day stump sitter paying for a license , you are also correct in that narrow context. Never said or implied otherwise. But if were going to talk about who contributes more financially, the one day stump sitter isn't even close. A license fee once a year and the incidental money spent for an opening day weekend doesnt exactly add up to an equal contribution to our sport. Pa ranks third in the nation for hunter days (IE: one hunter in the field for one day) The way things are now, on all those days except one, every hunter has a better chance for a good hunting experience IMHO