HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - stop complainin...start hunting
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 02:05 PM
pats102862
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
Pats, you speak of previous maleffects. Imho there are far more now. Ive seen and heard about so much crap because of "hunters" being so darn desparate to kill a deer that they sink to any lengths. Ive seen hunters fistfight over treestand location, Ive heard more arguing than ever, Ive seen in the newspaper where hunting dogs were poisoned because some idiots put out poison in bait, hoping to kill coyotes up on gamelands 111 because of so few deer. Ive seen deer left to rot because they didnt have the 4th point. Ive seen & heard alot of things.
I hear some of these horror stories also. I never heard of this nonsense back in the 70s early 80s when I used to only see about 6-10 deer a season. This is what I don't understand, I am seeing about the same amount of deer now in a season as I did in the 70s. I don't recall a lot of screaming bloody murder because guys are only seeing a deer or two a day, at least not in my area. I beleive people got spoiled and took high deer numbers for granted and now are having a hard time adjusting.