HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Availability of Hunting Ground and The Human Psyche
Old 02-03-2010, 09:12 AM
superstrutter
Nontypical Buck

I own property and I hunt, a lot. If someone came knocking on my door for permission to hunt my property, I would say no way, mainly because I hunt my property. Just because someone is polite and well dressed doesn't mean you can trust them. I assume you are talking about getting permission from landowners that don't hunt, but that doesn't change things a whole lot. My previous land owner-neighbor who didn't hunt, granted permission to a man who was "polite" and hunting "alone" several years back. To make a long story short, that one polite hunter turned into 4 or 5. To make matters worse, I had to chase two of them off my land turkey hunting one day. My neighbor has since died, and the new landowner and myself have become friends. It's way more than just a liability issue. I simply just don't trust most human beings. It's not fair for you to scrutinize a landowners decision not to let you hunt their property. That's their choice and you shouldn't question it. Like you said, you found 2 places to hunt, so be happy with that. There are a lot of hunters who would love to have permission to hunt two different properties.