HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - stop complainin...start hunting
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 02:13 PM
DougE
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
Sure you did. Every single time you state the hunters who complain & arent successful should be hunting elsewhere, or doing as you do to be successful. Well as we've shown, it doesnt matter what you do, more people cannot be more successful on a sustained basis with the current herd. less deer = less sustained harvest.

If more are to be successful it has to come with a larger herd that would equal higher recruitment, or its not physically possible.
And that was always the case and always will be the case.Not everyone is going to be successful.That's not what I'm saying.I hear guys on these boards complaining about how poor the hunting is.I just don't see it as poor and neither do any of the guys I hunt with.The point is,anyone can be successful if they put some effort into it.Apparently there's loads of guys not willing to do so.In that case,I don't see it being necessary to allow the herd to increase to the point where these guys can kill an easy deer at the expense of the habitat.It's easy to be successful,even on public land in the WMU that has the lowest dd in the entire state.If hunters aren't willing to do what it takes to be successful,I don't give a rat's fat arse if they're successful or not.You're startin to sound like a liberal now Corny.