HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - stop complainin...start hunting
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 01:26 PM
DougE
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
Thanks for admitting if more hunters followed yours and BTB's solution to reduced deer numbers it would result in even lower future harvests. Therefore , your solution would not solve the problem ,it will make it worse.

The PGC did in fact reduce doe allocations in 2G and several other WMUs because more hunters hunted hard enough to harvest enough deer to reduce the herd in 2G from 15 DPSM to 8 DPSM.
The thing is,most people won't.I know alot of hunters that are more than satisfied with the way things are in 2G.I also know some who continue to go to the same places year after year,despite the fact that there's no reason for there to be many deer.All it takes is a simple understanding of exactly what deer need at different times of the year,a little scouting and some patience.When I drive around during deer season I see the same thing every single year.Guys hunt the same spots,year after year and most of the time,they pick areas where they can see the farthest.The biggest concentrations of vehicles are always where the woods are wide open and the access in is easy.Sorry,but I DON'T THINK THERE SHOULD BE SO MANY DEER SO THAT THESE GUYS CAN SEE ALOT OF DEER.