HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - stop complainin...start hunting
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 01:19 PM
DougE
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fellas2
You claim I'm unreasonable to expect everyone else to do the same thing.I say that there's no reason everyone else can't do the same thing.

DougE,there is one main reason why everyone else cannot do the same thing as you do.Not all of us are fortunate enough to live and work in the same WMU as we hunt! There are plenty of hunters that live up to hundreds of miles from the area they hunt either by choice or necessity so they cannot walk out their back door or drive 20 minutes to do what you do.Many hunters still live and work in the city and have very little time to spend days in the woods scouting and most are not as fortunate as you to know these areas or get permission to hunt there.I understand that effort is needed to be sucessfull,but please don't make it sound as though it's childs play.
It's not childs play.I have less time to scout and hunt than most.I get to work every day by 8:00am and rarely ever get home before8:30pm.My kids run barrel horses and we're at shows every weekend from April until mid october.That doesn't count the amount of time we have to spend training,working and taking care of them.The only two days I've taken off work to hunt the past two seasons were the first day of deer season.I don't get a week or two to spend at camp like alot of guys.I don't even hunt the second day.It's pretty much just saturdays for me.I do take it serious though and try to steal and hour or two here and there to check places out.Furthermore,not all of the places I hunt are close to my house.I hunt some areas that are over an hour a way and usually never scout prior to the season.Five years ago,I was in the woods every chance I got.Today,it's a small fraction of that.If I can do it,anyone can.I'm an average person with average skills.