HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - stop complainin...start hunting
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 11:10 AM
DougE
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
If you didn't misrepresent what I said ,copy the post where I said I wanted enough deer so we could have easy hunting.

Once again you dodged my question and misrepresented what I ask. I said nothing about everyone in 2G being successful. I ask how many additional deer hunters could harvest on a sustainable basis in 2G if they followed your advice. You won't answer because you know any significant increase in the harvest will result in a decrease in the herd and a decrease in future harvests.

OK,I'll pay that game.Copy and paste the quote where anyone from the PGC ever said the average size of 2.5 year old bucks would be bigger.

I didn't dodge anything.I scout some and I hunt areas where I know deer should be.As a result I consistantly find and kill deer in the WMU that has the lowest success rate in the state.I don't do anything special and I have way less time to hunt than most.I think the hunting is still pretty good.You claim I'm unreasonable to expect everyone else to do the same thing.I say that there's no reason everyone else can't do the same thing.It may be a little harder than it is to sit back and complain but not by much.

Sure a significantly higher kill will reduce the herd even more.That won't happen because the PGC knows that it takes more does tags to kill more deer in 2G.If people more people actually started putting in a little more effort and the success rate increased,they'd have to lower the allocations.That's never happened and it never will.Far too many hunters like yourself expect and demand an easy hunt.I don't.