HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - stop complainin...start hunting
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 09:00 AM
Cornelius08
Banned

"Cornie you need to make up your mind. One minute you are saying that PA is a unique situation and cannot be compared/contrasted with other states,"
My minds never wavered. Youre insinuation otherwise is nothing more than one more trolling attempt/falsehood. Most things can be compared as long as legitimate comparisons are made and guys like you dont attempt to intentionally distort the comparison by comparing apples to peanuts.

" but then you turn around and want to talk about how many deer people see in other states and hunter satisfaction compared to other states."
Sure. Because its valid. And very "telling". No reason our satisfaction shouldnt be "similar" or at the very least within the range of normal found throughout the country and even including states right next door. Dont necessarily need to be the happiest smilin'est state in the nation... But we really dont need to worry about that problem do we? lol.

"I would imagine that someone who is used to hunting fairly well pressured public ground in PA is going to see more deer if they end up hunting thru an outfitter in Pike County, Illinois or they get set up with a private land hunting trip with some buddy that has a honey hole in Indiana."
Not talkin' about extremes & hunting restricted conditions. I have many years and know many others do as well that hunt other state public lands, and unguided private, but not "regulated-restricted-managed" lands. The hunting is better elsewhere. Hands down. And thats what I was comparing. Apples to apples. Not comparing to being taken by the hand by a guide, in extreme Pike county or behind a high fence in Tx compared to our gamelands. lol. Pa is the worst hunting of any state ive hunted,and by far the the poorest deer management program of any ive hunted. Thats pathetic.

HEck I know guys who hunt only public land in Ohio... the Shawnee, Saltfork, Egypt Valley and The Wayne who swear the hunting is better there than it is on PRIVATE land here in Pa where they hunt. Course they arent just after "any buck" but they see reasonable numbers of deer, and buck quality is unreal compared to ours. Having hunted a couple of those areas myself, Id have to agree. To even mention Pa in the same paragraph with Ohio is doing a great disservice to Ohio.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 02-02-2010 at 09:13 AM.