HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - stop complainin...start hunting
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 06:07 AM
DougE
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
You just confirmed that you have a very myoptic view of deer management. The deer you kill have no effect on future harvest so if a 100,000 hunters did what you do ,their harvest would also have no effect on future harvests and that reasoning is simply insane. The simple fact is because you reside in the general area where you hunt , you are benefiting from the reduced hunting pressure that resulted from the effects of HR. hunting deer that aren't subjected to heavy hunting pressure is like shooting fish in barrel.
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.One of the reasons hunters used to see so many deer is because there were so many hunters in the woods bumping them all over the place.Pressure increases a hunters success when there are other hunters out there.After the pressure subsides,the hunting get's tougher because the deer hole up in heavy cover.One thing we have around here that you most likely don't have to deal with is bear season the week prior to deer season.We have way more bear hunters and groups of 20+ hunters drive these areas solid for 3 strait days.I've been hunting bear there and got caught in the middle of several groups driving different hollows at the same time.Until you've had to seal with huge groups of bear hunters,you have no idea what you're talking about. The pressure during deer season is lower but it still gets pounded in many places.It just so happens,those are the last places I'd even consider hunting.Belive me,these deer don't just walk around all day without a care in the world.They lay in laurel patches and cleacuts all day unless pushed out.Since the pressure in deer seson is much lower,especially after the first day,no one moves the deer but they rarely get up and move on their own.

It is funny that you constantly complain about how poor the deer hunting is in 2G and then turn around and say it's like shooting fish in a barrel.