HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is it me or are broadheads getting ridiculous?
Old 02-01-2010, 05:29 PM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

I agree,It seems that alot of guys think they have to have all the newest and most expensive equipment they can buy,fastest bows,newest broadheads,every gadet you can think of,when all they really need is to learn to shot the best they can and take well placed shots, I have watched a many nice buck walk away bacause the shot wasn't there! But some marketers have made some believe that with there equipment there is no bad shot.
I like to know how some new equipment performs but I don't care what kind and how expensive your equipment is,that will not make you a good hunter,only practice and time will make you one!
And as for all these new broadheads none of them will ever take as many animals as the old Fred bear razorhead and they didn't need to be rocket launched to get the job done!!
Are you crazy?

Don't you know .....speed is sexy....and the mfr's of today's compounds are SURE you need to be faster than last year's (even if last year's was plus 300fps).