HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is it me or are broadheads getting ridiculous?
Old 02-01-2010, 02:01 PM
wvnimrod
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Its marketing. People keep watching TV shows and hunting videos, and all the sudden feel they can't kill a deer without the newest whiz bang. I went down this road myself at one time, and have came back to thunderheads, and magnus 2 blade. Can't say I ever killed more deer with the newer ones.
I agree,It seems that alot of guys think they have to have all the newest and most expensive equipment they can buy,fastest bows,newest broadheads,every gadet you can think of,when all they really need is to learn to shot the best they can and take well placed shots, I have watched a many nice buck walk away bacause the shot wasn't there! But some marketers have made some believe that with there equipment there is no bad shot.
I like to know how some new equipment performs but I don't care what kind and how expensive your equipment is,that will not make you a good hunter,only practice and time will make you one!
And as for all these new broadheads none of them will ever take as many animals as the old Fred bear razorhead and they didn't need to be rocket launched to get the job done!!