HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - stop complainin...start hunting
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Cornelius08
Banned

Sorry Corn, but we're a whole lot closer to "balance" now than we have been in a lot of years.
No need to be "sorry". Thats your opinion and youre entitled to it. Mine opinion is that is completely false. We've gone to extremes. Thats based on what is consider normal pretty much across the board "elsewhere".

You may not like the idea of less deer but frankly, science disagrees with you. It's not just Audubon as you'd like everyone to believe.
Actually it is. And there isnt one states biologists that have seen the incredible nature of our program and chosen to "mimic" it. And thats a fact.

"Wildlife managers all over agree that we were way out of balance when deer numbers were higher."
Where?? Thats a pretty broad statement. Blanket, just like the failed deer plan. I on the other hand have stated many many times SOME reduction was needed in SOME areas. But it went to far in most. Which is more reasonable? My position, or pgc/audubons kill'em all for the sake of trillium & hobblebush everywhere in the state?

" You are, quite frankly, being just as extreme as Shissler but on the opposite end of things."
Not true. You may not like my vocal expression of the problems as i see them, but there is mothing at all extreme about my positions. There are far more "extreme" views than mine in regards to deer management. And they too are entitled to opinion. Some hate ar. Some want as many deer as we had or in some cases more, some dont care at all about habitat effected etc. etc. and sure i could add more..... I share none of those views, though they arent all necessarily "wrong" either.

As for my position, I think some areas needed some reduction others needed none. All got some, and most got too much. I also dont support extreme unnatural levels of biodiversity that dont exist anywhere other than behind a fence as "goals" either.

But its pretty clear you are on the extreme end of things where your views are concerned. And on the SAME side of things as shissler, not opposite. Ive seen very little that the two of you have disagreed upon. Heck you even pointed to his study supporting pgc management and acted as if it were gospel. What does that say about how far off center your views are??

Supporting link: http://huntingnet.com/forum/northeas...ow-supper.html

Its all about balance & middle of the road. And thats where Im at.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 02-01-2010 at 02:22 PM. Reason: added link