HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - stop complainin...start hunting
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 07:36 PM
mikefes29
Spike

i wish hunters would stop complaining about lack of deer. hunters are becoming very lazy anymore if they dont see anything by 10:00 am they are out of the woods. where i hunt in 4e on public gamelands i have been very successful in the past ten years or more because i stay out rain or shine all day and i go more than 50 yards from the road. its simple solution stop being so lazy and actually HUNT..
this really bugs me when you say if everyone does it like you they will see deer. well not everyone is like you and not evry piece of property has the deer populations as others. and just how succesful have you been? i have had a succesful eight years since i started hunt but i've shot 5 doe no buck and have seen no more than 6 deer in one day of hunting. i hunt in the big woods of pa in 3b most of the time on any day i will cover between 5 and 10 miles in the woods walking. in the past few years the sign i have seen really dropped off since i started hunting. this year i bowhunted evry chance i got averaged maybe 3-4 hours every day of archery and the first week of rifle every day around 6 hours a day. in that time i seen maybe between 5-10 deer. you might think this will work for everyone but it won't because in some areas the deer are just alittle more concentrated in them areas. try hunting on state forest where there is maybe 12-15 deer per square mile and hundreds of thousans of square miles in wood area compared to a couple hundred thoosand acres on game lands.