HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Proposed changes for 2010-2011 seasons
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 09:35 AM
Cornelius08
Banned

I remain cautiously optimistic. As opposed to completely pessimistic previously. I know boop has been trying hard for years, and I like some of what i see from a couple of others, but too soon to tell. I see the "good" sentiment with some commissioners, but it needs to go further and not just be a hollow gesture to get a fee increase.

I see no changes thus far of any worth. The season change in the wmus mentioned will not do. It only effects a low percentage of our many wmus, and It was said by pgc, previously, that if harvests declined because of it in the initial 4 wmus, that the allocations would be raised to make up the diff. anyway.

Boop acknowledges this as well, when he stated hunters would SEE more deer the first week, because of the does that wouldve been killed previously will still be there till the second week. Child psychology for we hunters nothing more.

April will tell the tale for me. If the allocations are not dropped responsibly, then that tells me they will be staying the course. There will be no better time in the near future to cut the allocations than this season. Deer herd at lowest levels yet. Hunter satisfaction low, and a fee increase being sought, and a few new faces on the boc.... If not this year, it will be a statement made by pgc. The supposed "new look" boc will be nothing more than the same ol' same ol.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 01-29-2010 at 09:40 AM.