HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowtech Destroyer
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 09:14 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by brucelanthier
I understand where you are coming from but if there were as many bows blowing up as blacktail4ever suggests there would be a whole lot more people than just him talking about. The General actually did have a problem and, even when the proBowtech folks tried to blow it off as a non-issue it was still a problem and eventually had to be addressed. If limbs were blowing up left and right, like blacktail4ever suggests, the proBowtech folks wouldn't be able to suppress that either.

The fact of the matter is, if you can't man up and stand behind your claims with your real name and not some internet made up name then how credible can a person be? At least all of the proBowtech folks make claims behind their real names and you can decide what you think of their claims based on your knowledge of them. How can you decide what you think of a product based on some unamed person's claims?

Some bows have problems, no one denies that and you may very well have a lemon unfortunately but, with the huge volume out on the market you have to consider the percentage. Of course you will hear about bad experiences the most, people with bad experiences with any product tend to squeak the loudest when they do not feel they have been treated fairly. Doesn't mean they haven't been treated fairly, just means they think they haven't.
I agree. I think the internet has changed the way companies must do business. Kinda like on the beltway. 90% of the drivers could be driving fine and reasonable. 5% pushing it. But those 5% radical ones make it seem like commute hell.

I think the whole general thing is what left a bad taste in my mouth. Anybody that knows me knows I was big bowtech fanboy until that. Then I still had much love for em. But then I was hit with a rash of problems. Still had love for em. Understand in mfg enviroment things happen. Then I sent a bow back for repair. Came back worse than it left 3 months later.

And I still haven't publically came out and explained the event. Because I still think thier designs are revolutionary. Extremely innovative.