HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowtech Destroyer
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 06:27 AM
bigcountry

Well, maybe I am unlucky. Out of all the staff, you are the one I still have confidense in. I notice you generally stay out of the "spin", and usually do not belittle or demean "customers". And I thank you for that. Your integrity is safe with me.

But you are very close to these people. Seems like personally and professionally. And sometimes that makes people see things in a different light. For instance the father the sideline watching his son not getting any gametime, and he beleives his son is the next Joe Montana. Rest of us have a different take. I mean the father truely believes his son is that good.

Originally Posted by BowTech_Shooter
BC,

I'm telling my personal experiences and what others say are their stories, true or not, we'll never know I guess...

So in a single word reply yes or no, are you saying I'm not telling the truth about my personal experiences?

Let me also go on to say that I have seen and repaired failures on BowTech bows. Some were the fault of the materials, some were the fault of the users...

One for instance on user error for lack of a better term...

In 2006 I had a guy with a 2005 Allegiance that had both cams bend on him while he was shooting the course at the Erie, PA IBO. He came to the booth, ticked off, swearing, threatening to get drunk and drive home and told me the bow was junk...

He asks me if the bow could be fixed under warranty and at first I wasn't sure but then I look the bow over and had to tell him no...

Why? Because the bow was not even close to being as it was when it left the factory...

Why? Because he personally stripped the finish off of the riser and cams himself then he anodized the riser and buffer polished the cams himself...

Why would this void the warranty? Because he used oven cleaner to strip the anodizing from the cams and the film dip from the riser. It was diagnosed that the cams were overheated from the over cleaner which took the temper out of them.

In the end I put brand new cams on it putting all of the cam spacers back where they "belonged" and told him it would probably be best if he not mess with it as I had it set back to factory specs. Then he was happy and went on his way...

And yes, I've also had to change some limbs over the years. I had to keep records of any and all repairs and from 2000-2009 I changed 9 sets of limbs...And as I said earlier, I attended hundreds of events in that time frame.

And no, I wouldn't want my friends to lose their jobs but you have to ask yourself... Should these people be selling or making products available to people if they don't believe in them?

As a matter of fact, I consider many of the people out there not only good friends but extended family...

So I ask, if they're his family & friends, why come on here and put their jobs in jeopardy? He could have just said he heard it from people but he insisted that it was him family and friends saying this... Had it not been for that I wouldn't have quesitoned it...

I asked him to PM the names to me so it wouldn't be public knowledge and to see who he knows that works there... Just curious is all...