HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Found Neighbors Stand On Property Line
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 07:14 AM
singleshot1
Spike

Default Found Neighbors Stand On Property Line

I need some opinions here. My buddy and I were walking the property line (fence) of our 300 acre lease in Southern TN yesterday. We got into the lease a week before the season, so we didn't have much time to walk the entire fence line until the season closed (2 weeks ago).

During our walk, in the middle of the woods, we came upon a fairly new ladder stand on the property of our neighbor to the east. The stand is about 10 feet from the fence and facing directly on to our property. The area where we found it is just above an area where we also found about 20 good rubs on our side. We have trail cam pics of several nice bucks in the area as well.

I realize that 'legally' he is doing nothing wrong. The stand is on his property, but dang it, it just made me furious to see it facing our land. What would you guys do?

I'm thinking that the first step would be to try to ask him nicely to move any stands at least 75 yards away from the line. If that doesn't work, then I'm open to suggestions.