HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rage two blade heads
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 04:45 AM
3Children
Fork Horn

I know of noone that stop using them due to the bath. I have seen post after post of how many deer lost due to poor penatration, deflected shooting angle shots, broken blades, no blood, and a handful of other reasons about these heads. I have two questions, one:why use them if you have a higher percentage of losing the deer than with a fixed? Two:how many of you pratice with the actual blade you are going to hunt with-not a pratice blade?!!! Like Wilson I shoot the tricks, I have more kills than most have shot at animals. When I started counting and making notes, good thing to do. I had shot 15deer with the same bh(slick trick) and same arrow,(axis) all pass throughs. When that arrow was broke when the arrow passed through hit a tree I had lost both, and started my next. I have 6deer with this one and this last one was at an angle, frontal, the arrow went through the front sholder, sliced 1/4" rib bone, and broke the upper part of the femur bone then stuck in the dirt. I would not trust any mechanical to do that, with the exception of the spitfire!? I don't know!!! Sorry about the rant!! I just see to many post of lost deer due to these heads.