HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - wanna be sniper trend
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 12:05 PM
skb2706
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bradc
I don't understand why many hunters think they need a sniper rifle. I think a well built rifle is important......but bull barrels, bipods, and 24 power scopes are overkill. They are excess weight in my opinion. Simple is better. Now im not knocking these types of rifles by any means they are fun to target shoot with but are not ideal in most hunting situations. There are always exceptions. These guns may be great for antelope hunting or something similar but are not needed about 97% of the time. Some people may be good enough to shoot 700 yds but if your not be realistic and stick to your trust deer rifle. I know i cant shoot that far but anything inside 250 is hitting the ground. I went through this phase too but thank god i didnt have any money to buy for myself cause i see now it would have been a mistake. These are just my thoughts not trying to offend anyone
First I don't hunt with what you call a "sniper" rifle.
I also don't hunt where you do, apparently you don't hunt in the same situations, you only assume you know everyones style and area. You do not.
Come to the open prairie, you will learn alittle about what a rifle can do.
If I want to carry a 12 lb. rifle what business of it is yours and why do you care.
You don't get to decide what I need, its a good thing too.
Just cause you can't, don't assume others haven't passed you by in the "competency with a gun" class.
We shoot well beyond 500 yds. all the time.
We don't all live and hunt in Florida.
Some of us own lots of guns and use what we want.
I hunt 12,000 acres of private farm land, not a tree on it. You have that in FL ?

Are you sure you weren't sent here by the current administration ?

Last edited by skb2706; 01-27-2010 at 12:52 PM.