HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - "Busloads"? of angry deer hunters descend on PGC meeting!
Old 01-27-2010, 09:51 AM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default protest in harrisburg,pa.

i found out about this protest 4 days before it was to happen.
it would cost me 50 dollars in gas and eating on top to go.
5 years ago when i was making 10,000 in bank on my interest yearly,now i am making -500 dollars, thats right ,fees are more than the interest we get.economy is bad............
then you have weather etc.

right now no one seems to care anymore locally here in clinton county on deer, they are just worn down.older farts are dying off,young farts taking over.the dcnr has the local clubs to point they agree with them on having no deer.our clubs are now hiking/canoeing, birdwatching clubs.nothing wrong with those people, i like to do all those things too but DEER hunting is way down list now.

this is why when you see memberships in local clubs its 90% out of area people with over half that dont hunt .10% local.it used to be other way around.

things must be getting bad on deer numbers out of WMU2G of pa. also. every year i am seeing more hunters in clinton county than year before.if hunting was great elsewhere, they would stay there.it is most likely getting close to being as bad as here.
also more hunters are moving around where they see A DEER.
THIS IS putting a lot of hunters in 1 area........

also you cant just go sit in woods now.most dont know how to stalk a deer so they join a CREW or camp group.most tell sproul this,SPROUL I USED TO GO SIT AND SEE A DEER, NOW I SIT FOR DAYS AND SEE NOTHING.
SO I JOIN A CREW AND AT LEAST SEE OR WE GET A DEER ONCE IN AWHILE.
this is why i am now seeing big crews again15/20 hunters.looking at most, they dont look like very good hunters to me.........

Last edited by sproulman; 01-27-2010 at 09:55 AM.