HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mechanical VS Fixed Blade
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 08:21 PM
OldBucks&BigBass
Spike

Originally Posted by Howler
[QUOTEI now prefer fixed because they seem to to more damage when inside a running deer.]
Which is it then Oldbucks, YOUR set up or your friends set-up? You've now changed your story!! You started off the thread saying that YOU NOW PREFER FIXED!! And then in your last post you say "his set-up"! So which is it, yours or his or........
Either way, if a fixed blade COC broadhead is staying in a deer, then either both shoulders were hit or you're having penetration issues from lack of tuning or something. I get pass throughs on elk with a 375 gr. arrow with 100 gr. Magnus snuffers, including a complete pass through on an elk at 51 yards last year. SO, you tell me how it is that you or your freind can't get an arrow through a whitetail at 25 yards. Don't make since now does it! Somethings amiss!![/QUOTE]

Sorry for being a little confusing I've used both types with success but the reason why I switched is because of my hunting buddy. I explained in another reply what had happened to him with mechanicals and then explained his setup in another reply. If you read all of the post it's tough to follow but it's all there. Based off what I have seen tracking and from what he has told me I decided to stick with a fixed it just made more sense to me.