HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mechanical VS Fixed Blade
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 02:44 PM
superstrutter
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
the spitfires were the last chance a mechanical broad head had to keep me in a mechanicle group..after a perfect shot on a hog, and the penetration was ridiculas at best and that sucker brought my arrow back and left it under my feeder the next day..i swore then that i would never use a mechanical bh again. as i hear people rage about rage products, i have never used them, but have seen sum pics where it looks like someone chopped at the deer with the infamous light saber from star wars.
Obviously it wasn't a perfect shot. You hit a deer or hog with a Spitfire in the lung area, your going to get a pass through. I can only remember one shot for me that wasn't a pass through, and it was my fault. What grain were you using with the hog and what were you pulling? I would probably go with 125 gr. on a hog. I shoot nothing but 100 gr. at deer and have never had a problem with penetration. The Spitfire leaves a good entry hole and a huge exit hole. I switcehd from Muzzys to Spitfires and am glad I did.