HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mechanical VS Fixed Blade
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 12:11 PM
OldBucks&BigBass
Spike

Originally Posted by BigBuck95
The fixed blades are good, and they work great. I used them this year. I plan on, however, using the spitfires next season, and I have seen the shot holes from them and well. . . .wow.
Can't wait to see how they work. . . . . .
in the end. . . Win: mechanical
BigBuck95
Originally Posted by Kid
With all due respect, poor shot selection in both cases in my honest opinion. It's a bit of a stretch to blame the broadhead in either case. I personally never count on my equipment to help compensate for poor shots/choices, but to each his own. I have used both mechanicals (spitfires) and fixed blade (thunderheads) with good success and have never lost a Deer with either that I would blame on the broadhead. I'm going to try the 2 blade Rage broadheads this year, so it's back to mechanical for me. IMHO most (but not all!) Deer are lost due to operator error, not equipment failure.
I agree with you completly I even said he made poor shots but what iam saying is that I believe he would of had a better chance if the arrow stayed in and continued to do more damage as the deer was running or pulling on it. And like i also said if you make a good shot there's no difference in what you use. But in my opinion fixed blades are more forgiving when a bad hit is made.