HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Octane stuff
Thread: Octane stuff
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 08:34 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I really like the stabilizer and the quivers. Have not used their rests or sight.

The magnets hold the broadheads very well. I have not used the two piece but used the 1 piece magnetized hood for two years. Your arrows will not fall out, move around, or make any noise at all. The magnets are very strong, they will actually pull the broadhead into the hood when you get them about an inch away. You can put them in the hood and not snap the shaft in and shake the bow and they won't fall out. I had the quiver on an 82nd and never had any vibration or noise.

The big downfall, and why I no longer use the magnetic hood is weight. They are heavy with the magnet. Very noticeable difference when they are on the bow. I don't like to shoot with a quiver so when deer hunting, no big deal, I took it off. When antelope hunting and stalking it was just too heavy. Weighed enough it changed my point of impact when I shot with it on.

I switched to their Bantamweight quiver and love it because of the adjustibility, how close it sits to the bow and the weight.