HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Iowa non resident gun tag price?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 06:41 PM
fastetti
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by teedub31
In Indiana, residents and non-residents only have to buy a deer license/tag. There is no general hunting license required. But if you are an out of state hunter and your state requires Indiana residents hunting in your state to buy a hunting license + deer tags, the you will have to buy the general license and deer license when you visit Indiana. That is the number 1 reason my uncle and his wife don't come to Indiana from Ohio to hunt with us.
I could understand that but the way I took it us the original poster said that other states charge only Iowa residents more because they are from Iowa and not other states.

Guys, believe me, Ive ask to put in for permits every year just in case he doesn't get them, no luck yet though. Personally, I know another guy whose parents were very successful and bought a 700 acre piece of land in Iowa just for hunting. The buck that my buddy got last year would make 99.9% of the people on this website drool. After seeing that buck, Id pay the $500 to have a chance at a buck like that!!