HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Interesting legal questions
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 11:01 AM
iSnipe
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Lanse couche couche
I mean will the GW take someone's word that you violated the limit, or if they catch you near the limit will they bring out a measure and calculate your distance down to the inch?
I doubt the game warden will take someone "by their word" there was a violation and charges will become of that because of the word, but they WON'T hesitate for a second to look into matters of violations based on someone's word. Around here that's how the DNR gets their tips.

As for the tape measure question, absolutely YES!

They did it to a friend once. My friend was along a country road. He spotted a deer off in the distance and had a muzzle loader. He snuck down the road, then purposely walked off the road as to not violate the regulations. Low and behold guess who comes along at the moment of the shot? Yep, the game warden.

Game warden saw the evidence in the snow. My friend took the shot laying down. Had the GW measured from the middle of the torso depression in the snow or the where the shoulders or barrel was, everything would be fine. However, the warden measured from the boot prints and my buddy violated by 2 feet! My friend got the ticket for shooting within so many feet of the road.

iSnipe