HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I need advise from my fellow bowhunters!
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 08:41 AM
BGfisher
Nontypical Buck

I agree that if you are meds that they may need changhed or adjusted for more effectiveness.

Something you might try is just changing the way you hunt. Come down out of the trees and try still hunting or spot and stalk. This might channel your thoughts in another direction.

I've been treestand hunting long enough (longer than you are old) and although many might disagree, I find it quite boring; always have for the most part. I supplement this with small game and suirrel hunting where I'm on the move.

Frankly, if you have the ground or access to it the double treestand and a hunting partner is not a bad suggestion either. You could mix and match this with the spot and stalk when by yourself.

Who knows. I'm kind of in your boat, but not completely. I've just been doing it long enough that the fire burned out for sitting in a treestand and hunting in general. I found new hobbies. I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. I still shoot a bow and walk the woods, but I don't have the desire to be out there when the weather is bad or get up at 5 in the morning. I've made changes in my life. Maybe that's the answer for you---who knows?