HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wisconsin feral hog hunting? Crawford County
Old 01-19-2010, 08:28 AM
Trapper22
Spike

I live in Crawford county and I haven't seen one yet. I've heard about them being around but I guess I don't hunt in the area they're in. From what I've heard they're around the Gays Mills area or Barnum area etc. and I hunt down along the WI river near Wauzeka and PDC.

To me if there is a large amount of them I'd think I'd hear of more being taken during deer season instead of the 2 or 3 I have heard of. I'd also think that with the snow being on the ground and no foilage on the trees right now they should be easier to spot and hunt. It's just something you don't hear mentioned around here very much. They have rabbit hunts and coyote hunts and I've yet to hear of a hog hunt maybe it's because there isn't many of them to justify having one.?

We are in WI where a lot people hunt deer until all their tags are filled whether it makes sense or not. If there was a large population of feral hogs I'd think they'd be hunted until they're all gone. Maybe the DNR needs to get on that now and tell the hunters we have to many of them and they're infected with CWD. That should take care of it.