HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - sharpshooters culling deer - how??
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 04:45 AM
teedub31
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by vabyrd
So you think a landowner should pay a hunter to allow them access to their PRIVATE land?

You want on, you pay the landowner...you suck at hunting...I find someone else...

Whats the problem?
I have no problem paying the land owner. I have a problem with him saying that if I am going to hunt, then I owe him $X plus I need to kill x amount of deer or I can't hunt. He wants something done. I will provide the service what is so hard to understand. It is akin to me wanting a roof put on my house and then telling the roofer he owes me X amount of dollars for the priviledge of giving him work. Or similar to having a coon investation that he wants eliminated and wants a trapper to pay him for the removal of the problem as opposed to him (landowner) paying a licensed exterminator to come in. Once the owner crossed the line into saying he needs X deer removed it changed from a hunting relationship to a depredation relationship

Now if he just wants money to hunt and have access, but has no expectations on a harvest, then I will not complain and hunt as my needs and desire see fit.