HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I need advise from my fellow bowhunters!
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 11:58 PM
okuma1
Spike

Default I need advise from my fellow bowhunters!

This is very hard for me to do but I don't know what else to do so here goes....

For several years I WAS an avid bow hunter you couldn't stop me from bow hunting and during the past few years I have just lost all desire for bow hunting. Now here is where the tuff part comes in.

About 7 years ago I was diagnosed with bipolar, OCD, General Anxiety disorder and one more disorder I can begin to spell. Since that time I go to my physicists and phycologist like clock work every month for the past 7 years. I always knew from my early teens that something just wasn't right with me but I didn't know what. I am also disabled because of this illness and it sucks.

I got my first bow at 18 years old and was hooked. I hunted and practiced hard for about 12 years, I am 35 now. When I hunted it seemed like all of my problems including my illness stayed at the truck and left me alone in the woods and it was very nice and peacefull, there where many of years I said to myself if I can just make it tell bow season I'll be alright.

Here comes another hard part again.....

One year I was gun hunting and at the point is when ever thing to do with deer hunting changed. I almost committed suicide. I know it is not the answer but I came a close as a person can without doing it. Please don't judge me on this I know it is not the answer!

I never have told anyone about this except my wife and therapist.
So this is very tuff for me to come here and talk about it.

Right now deer hunting is not fun for me because I can't leave my thoughts at the truck anymore. Yeah I still get pumped before season and go hunting some and if I see a deer I get all pumped up but when there is down time in the woods it is just you and the trees and for me that is not a good place right now and I want to get it back. I want to go out and be at peace with myself but I just can't do it.

Now I can take my kids deer hunting and have a GREAT time I just can't sit alone and do it.

The only hunting sport I can get into is spring Turkey hunting because the way I hunt turkey in the spring there is not much down time. But, I want the fall deer season to be fun again and be my "escape" again.

So I am asking you my fellow hunter if you have any suggestions at all about how I may get my deer hunting disire back please post them.

I miss this sport dearly and want it back so bad!!