HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - sharpshooters culling deer - how??
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Robert L E
Fork Horn

What they do by hiring "sharpshooters" is, in effect, stealing opportunity from hunters. Already mentioned, they are losing a possible source of revenue.

Iowa City, Iowa, used to do the same thing. I posted (several different times) that I thought that this was stealing from the taxpayers, by losing possible revenue, and even more so stealing from hunters by taking away opportunity. I do think that organizations and governmental bodies search the internet for mention. Iowa City no longer pays people to cull deer. Bow hunters now do it and citizens get hunting opportunities.

If enough people post that Vassar is wrong, or if a hunting alumni decides not to donate, Vassar may reconsider.

I know that there is at least one campus where deer have been attacking students, but I'm not sure if it is Vassar. I think hunters who live in or near Poughkeepsie (sp?) might raise heck on the local opinion pages. (The only reason I know where Vassar is is because my cousin's house is on Vassarview and backs up to woods owned by Vassar.)