HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date
Old 01-18-2010, 01:28 PM
hardcorehunter
Banned

I found this interesting:
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1115334

GSLAM95

My 2010 ATA Show Top Picks List!
It was a great show with a lot of New products. I did not take or have the time to snap any pictures as I made an honest effort to step into any and every booth that I could. Wednesday, Thursday was cut-n-run & write the obvious order days while the evenings were hotel room study crunch for Friaday orders.
The list below are my personal favorite choices...

BOWS:

Elite - Still climbing up the ladder with quality, shootability and some new accessories.

Athens - I did not look at them in 09 but shot them this year and was impressed. Perhaps a bold statement to some but I think their machining is 2nd to none in the industry! Quality all the way around..

Strothers - I think Kevin has another home run on design.

Quivers:

TightSpot (still #1 in my book)
ZEN - by Athens (with a built in bow hook - nice)
G5 MagLoc Compact
Elite Treelimb quiver

Rest:
Ripcord Code Red
QAD
G5 Expert Pro

Sights:

TruBall Axcel Armortech
Athens Rellik
G5 Rock
TruGlo Micro Brite series

Sight Light:

Watch for a new compact micro push button from TruGlo
G5 Optix is a proven light as well

Releases:

1st place tie ---- TruBall - Assassin SST & Spot Hogg - Wise Guy
Tru Ball - BEAST
Timney - Archery trigger model 2201

Broadheads:

NEW G5 T3
NEW NAP BloodRunner2
Reign (New last year and peaking my interest)

Peep sights:

The New "Red Eye" by Ep hunting (makers of the Reign broadhead)

Lighted Nocks:

battery powered - FIRENOCK (hands down proven performer)
Non battery powered - The Fire Fly (down fall is only one size)

Bow Cases:

Pole Mountain Outdoors - Hardcase B-II

Rangefinder:

Opti-Logic Micro I - Hang on to your hats folks as this thing is going to storm the bowhunting rangefinder industry!

Game Cameras:

Reconyx - HyperFire HC600 & HC500 (The others don't even belong in the same category)
Primos - New in the game with 4 models of the Truth Cam

Ground Blinds:
Note- I crawled inside each one of these blinds and they are in the order picked due to my past 10+ yrs experience of using ground blinds.

The New Crusher by Primos Double Bull - waterproof & scentproof pleated fabric, New hub system, included frame pack which doubles for other uses. (available late summer/fall)
Primos Double Bull Dark Horse
ASAT Blind
New Lone Wolf Blind
Rhino

Bow Holder:

Pole Mountain - BowLegs (durable aluminum & weighs in at 4ozs) unique simple design!

Lights:

CYCLOPS 3 watt Hand held spot light Model CYC-3WS6AA
240/10.8 lumen output
also has green non game spooking mode

Video Equipment

Sport Vu - by Jk outdoor products

Not on their website yet but WOW what a universal mini sport video cam. First of it's kind designed with a Sony CCD imager. Comes with many mounting options standard (bow, scope, bike, tree, helmet, motorcycle, car window) I seen in person the recording and playback between the sport vu, epic and roscoby (the quality was listed in order )

i-Kam Xtreme 3.0
Sunglasses with built in video with 736x480 playback resolution (just another angle to catch that bowshot ) by predator outdoor products
Clothing:

Many choices but I liked
First Lite - New camo choices same great quality merino wool
Sitka - The new Optifade Forest

Treestands:

Muddy Outdoors - Their added footrest is a big plus anlong with the changes to a New model ladder stand.

Safety system:

Rescue One by Mountaineer sports

Muddy safeguard

These are a few of the items that I personally picked up on that stuck out in my mind. Many more but these were my show favorites for the most part.