HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Boar Hog Killed With 300 Grain XTP
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 09:08 AM
halfbakedi420
Nontypical Buck

if they are just used to store bought...good luck lol..definitely if ya wait til the rigor goes away befor processing it helps the taste of any meat. if its rotten then they dont care for it properly. and if they complained everytime they will continue. it aint a pig layin in its own feces every day havin slop brought to it confined to a 7X7 cell lol..this animal is running or walkin miles upon miles a day in search for food. if ya ever tried to get bacon from a wild hog ya know its like meat strips lol. smaller than slim jims lol..and its a whole lot..100% leaner? someone do some maf on dis and correct me plz..just curious now.

Originally Posted by falcon
That young boar did not smell at all. He was pretty clean too. i'm sure he will be a good eating hog.

i give away all my hog kills except for one or two each year: Have had only one family complain about "strong tasting" wild pork. They complained about every one of the 6 or 8 hogs i gave them. Gave them a huge sow that was clean and well cared for. They took it to a butcher who kept it in his cooler for 18 days before cutting it up. They claimed that the sow tasted strong. i fried a piece of pork chop and it was rotten.

Fixed that problem. That family no longer gets any hogs.