HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date
Old 01-18-2010, 04:08 AM
JeffB
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hardcorehunter
JB, I am Glad I am just a bow hunter, archer, and NOT a dealer. That way I can just buy and shoot what is the best for me...
Absolutely Don! I think often though one's personal opinions as a bowhunter, on "who to support" as opposed to "whom should a dealer support" are 2 very different things. That was the distinction I was trying to make. On a personal level I LOVE Elite bows, and was really impressed with the new G5 bow with the ELite cams too (especially for the $). I'm sure Kevin's new bows are awesome too (will find out today what my dealer thought of them).

Too much competition to get a good price for them used, and they depreciate worst then a used mobile home. But the high resale of the Elites...
This was not my experience at all selling my GT500. Barring left handed models, I've always had fairly good return on Hoyt, Mathews and Bowtech models- Especially Mathews. The other good thing is that they often sell quickly as long as you are not asking too much for them compared to "lesser known" bows.

As it is- as soon as it walks out the door , you will be doing well if you get 50-60% of what you paid for it. New bows are like new computers unfortunately.