HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date
Old 01-17-2010, 11:54 AM
hardcorehunter
Banned

Congrats on getting good resale on an old LX. I remember that bow, as it was a toss up for me that year at my local dealer of that bow or the Hoyt. I bought the Hoyt. You will find deals with any bow brand when guys are broke, and money is tight; especially in this recession. Go to AT and look at my thread starts and sales. This is my experience with the Elite line. I make money buying Elites from dealers in communities where archers only shoot what their dealer pushes or what some TV show or magazine pushes. I enjoy them, maybe kill an animal, and sell them for a profit. Elites forum has many Elite collectors on there. One guy has 5 E-500 in various dip patterns.
Ask the WKP(white knuckle Productions) guys opinions on these Elite bows. No bow is for everyone, I like these the best so far. IF we all liked the same things, it would be a boring world. It just seems ridiculous for people that have no interest in a Strother bow to come on a Strother thread and start talking about why an Engineer chooses to work, sell the companies, or how many marriages etc. I know that the Mathews bow company engineers, Hoyts, or Bowtechs engineers have their own lifes,been fired from jobs, quit, been married/divorced, run cats over in the employee parking lot etc., and no one cares or questions them. I know I don't care. I care about what works for me. I know that these Strother bows are going to be a hit, and I know I will get good, fast resale, when I want to sell. That's because the market isn't flooded with new or used ones. I remember the beating I took on many of my Hoyts every year, to just trade up. I like extreme speed, but I have to have a smooth draw, and quietness in my bow. What one guy likes, of course another won't. Look at the videos of that Strother SR-71, a 350 plus fps IBO, and no big hump at the end of the draw. These bows are BARE bows, and are quiet. I can hear other bows going off in the far background, that are LOUD, and yet these Strother bows are quiet. I love Predator camo...what a bonus..no bow to strip and send to a dip shop. These will be shooters and sellers imo.

Last edited by hardcorehunter; 01-17-2010 at 12:12 PM.